RZ Design is accepting applications for a Mechanical Engineer. The position is open for immediate hire in our Rocky Hill, CT headquarters. Salary commensurate with experience. Resumes can be e-mailed to: Debra Milardo, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com.
The job description is as follows:
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of mechanical system construction documents, both drawings and specifications, for various projects from schematic design through construction administration. Other duties would include studies and investigations of mechanical systems, field investigation, and client interface. Perform field work, documentation and drafting tasks as needed to produce contract documents. Interface with clients and assist in business development efforts as needed. Maintain up to date working and technical knowledge of all procedural and improvement changes to computer hardware and software applications.
• Prepare drawings detailing the systems designed.
• Work independently on new or retrofit projects for Heating Ventilating and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and mechanical systems for various types of
facilities, including but not limited to commercial, retail, office buildings, and housing
• Run building thermal load calculations and perform HVAC equipment selection, and air distribution layout for various types of HVAC systems.
• Select equipment for use in building systems.
• Report writing / specification preparation
• Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines/companies.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Perform initial field investigation, and construction inspection to support Construction Administrator (if necessary).
• Perform related or similar duties as required or assigned.
• 3-5 years of experience preferred for Mechanical Engineer
• AutoCAD/Revit modelling knowledge
• Proven interest in working in the field of mechanical systems
• MEP design firm related experience
• Excellent written and communication skills
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks
• Organizational skills to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects
• Ability to work under generally safe and comfortable conditions where exposure to environmental factors may cause discomfort and poses a moderate risk of injury.
RZ Design Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.